Tickets and Pricing
Participants can choose between a congress ticket or a day ticket to attend the digital Historikertag. The congress ticket entitles the holder to attend all events of the 53rd Deutscher Historikertag. The digital conference platform will be open to congress ticket holders as early as September. With tickets of this type, meeting rooms, the exhibition and the digital library can be visited before, during or after the week of the conference. The contents of the media archive – including recordings of the opening and VHD special events – can be viewed until December.
A day ticket entitles the holder to attend all events on the day booked. It can be purchased for the days from the 4th through the 8th of October 2021. Access to the digital conference platform is limited to the respective conference day. Be advised that the platform’s user interface is exclusively in German.
Authorisation codes and proof of eligibility in individual ticket categories
– VHD members: Please have your membership number ready for use as authorisation code and proof of your membership.
– Speakers (without association membership): Please use authorisation code 53Ref. After pre-registration is confirmed, you will then be able to purchase a ticket for speakers.
– Students, ALG I/II, pupils and teachers in training can purchase congress or day tickets at reduced rates. Please have proof of eligibility in PDF format ready for upload.
– Exhibitors: Publishers, foundations, scientific institutions or digital service providers who book a digital presence at the exhibition can optionally purchase up to four congress tickets in the Premium Package and up to two in the Basic Package at the reduced price of € 20 each. After registration for the exhibition is confirmed and you have confirmed with us the persons entitled to attend, they will receive individual, single-use authorisation codes for the ticket shop.
– Press and media representatives can use the authorisation code Presse53 to accredit themselves in the ticket shop and gain free access to the conference platform.
Conference ticket: Prices
VHD members: € 40
Speakers (without association membership): € 40
Non-members: € 80
Reduced rate (students, ALG I/II, pupils, teachers in training): € 10
Day tickets: Prices
VHD members: € 20
Speakers (without association membership): € 20
Non-members: € 40
Reduced rate (students, ALG I/II, pupils, teachers in training): € 5
Terms and Conditions
A handling fee of 3.15% plus € 0.49 is charged per ticket (except for free tickets for press representatives).
Payment options: PayPal, credit card, prepayment (Prepayment only available until September 26, 2021)
Paid tickets cannot be cancelled or refunded.
Membership in the VHD
The Association of German Historians welcomes new members. Membership also entitles you to attend the Historikertag at reduced prices.
Please understand that the VHD office needs time to process your membership application. Please submit your application in good time before the week of the event, i.e. by 15 September 2021 at the latest, if you wish to take advantage of the reduced ticket prices for Association members.
If you have any questions about your existing membership, please also contact the office.